Patient Management, Purge Management
De-Airing the Impella® Purge System
July 22, 2020 1 min read
Quick Skills Video for Using the Automated Impella Controller™
This quick skills video demonstrates the procedure for de-airing the Impella purge system using the Automated Impella Controller (AIC).
This video covers:
- How to select the De-air Purge System procedure on the AIC
- How to inspect the purge tubing and purge fluid bag before de-airing
- How to disconnect the yellow luer from the Impella catheter
- How the AIC automatically begins priming, or de-airing the tubing
- How to inspect the purge tubing after de-airing is complete
- How to reconnect the yellow luer on the purge tubing to the yellow luer on the Impella catheter
Note: This video does not replace the Instructions for Use manual.