Patient Management, Purge Management
Changing the Purge Fluid Bag
Quick Skills Video for Using the Automated Impella Controller™
This quick skills video demonstrates the procedure for changing the purge fluid bag using the Automated Impella Controller (AIC). The procedure should be completed within 90 seconds.
This video covers:
- How to select the Change Purge Fluid Bag procedure on the AIC
- What supplies are needed to complete the procedure (D5W dextrose bag with heparin)
- How to replace the purge fluid bag
- How to enter the purge fluid information (purge fluid volume, dextrose concentration, and heparin concentration)
- How to either flush the purge fluid from the cassette or avoid priming the tubing
Note: This video does not replace the Instructions for Use manual.