Educational Grant Request
Abiomed provides support for many independent, educational projects, including scientific and policymaking conferences that promote scientific knowledge, medical advancement and the delivery of effective healthcare.
These typically include conferences sponsored by national, regional, or specialty medical associations and conferences sponsored by accredited continuing medical education providers.
Examples of where Abiomed has provided grants to third-party training and medical education events organized by health care professionals or medical education providers include:
- Congresses, conferences and professional meetings organized by national, regional or specialty medical associations or conferences;
- Fellowship programs organized by academic medical centers or medical schools that enable health care professionals-in-training to train in clinical settings or work on special projects;
- Continuing medical education programs, including programs provided in accordance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support (or other similar commercial support standards of an appropriate accrediting body), that are organized by academic medical centers, medical schools, and hospitals that are accredited educational providers;
- Training programs for qualified attendees, such as workshops and in-services, that are organized by academic medical centers, medical schools, or other training institutions; and
- Roundtables or discussion groups, such as grand rounds events, that advance medical education and/or understanding of disease states or technology which may be of interest to Abiomed that are hosted by academic medical centers, medical schools, or other training institutions, and are generally open to qualified attendees.
- Abiomed maintains high standards for ethics and integrity. As such, it will provide an educational grant only to organizations with a genuine educational function. Additionally, the conference sponsor should have independent responsibility for the selection of program content, faculty, audience, educational methods, materials, and venue. Abiomed cannot be involved in selecting these aspects of a particular conference, even if the conference sponsor requests the assistance of Abiomed.
Abiomed cannot provide educational conference funding (1) to an individual, including a physician; (2) in a manner designed to benefit or support the education of specific individual health care professionals (such as a hospital to provide training to its own staff, or to support the travel of a particular physician to an educational program); (3) to a physician practice or group; or (4) to an organization on the HHS OIG List of Excluded Individuals and Entities, the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Excluded Parties List System or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Debarment List.
Furthermore, educational conference funding through an Abiomed grant may be used to support only the legitimate expenses for bona fide educational activities and should be consistent with applicable standards established by the conference sponsor and the body accrediting the educational activity, if applicable. Abiomed will not award an educational grant or funding to induce the use, purchase, or recommendation of Abiomed products by a health care professional, or to promote off-label use of Abiomed products.
If you’d like to apply for an educational grant from Abiomed to support your medical education or training event, please click on the link below to begin the application.