Innovative Solutions for Challenging Patients
Optical Sensor and Advanced Metrics
- Pump re-positioning without image guidance*
- Better, faster resolution of suction alarms
- Earlier identification of right heart failure
- Assist in hemodynamic assessment and successful weaning guidance
* When “Position in Ventricle” alarm is triggered
Resources for Health Care Professionals
Impella 5.5® with SmartAssist® Experience
Edward Soltesz, MD, MPH, describes worldwide experience with the Impella 5.5 with SmartAssist heart pump.
SmartAssist Technology Cardiac Output Metrics for Patient Management and Weaning
Dave Weber, PhD, reviews how Impella® SmartAssist technology determines and tracks trends in CO and CPO and how these metrics can be used to guide a successful Impella heart pump weaning procedure.
SmartAssist Technology LV Metrics FAQs
Jo Kajewski, an Advanced Impella Trainer, answers some frequently asked questions about LV metrics displayed using Impella SmartAssist technology.
- FDA Approved, PMA Supplement, 2018