Which Patients Should be Considered for a Surgically-Implanted Impella® Heart Pump?
- Significant hemodynamic deficit
- Potential need to escalate support
- Unload the left ventricle
- Increase end organ perfusion
- Facilitate ambulation with axillary insertion of Impella 5.0® or Impella 5.5® with SmartAssist®
Resources from the Education Library
Escalation Strategies that Increase Unloading
Cardiothoracic Surgeon Mark Anderson, MD, discusses how cardiac surgery may help move the data closer to ≥80% survival-to-discharge quality measure in the National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative (NCSI) Study.
Jacob Abraham, MD, Raymond Lee, MD, and Bindu Akkanti, MD, discuss ECpella therapy in this CAMP webinar moderated by Misty Casseus, MSN, RN.