Which Patients Should be Considered for a Surgically-Implanted Impella® Heart Pump?
- Significant hemodynamic deficit
- Potential need to escalate support
- Unload the left ventricle
- Increase end organ perfusion
- Facilitate ambulation with axillary insertion of Impella 5.0® or Impella 5.5® with SmartAssist®
Resources from the Education Library
Escalation Strategies that Increase Unloading
Cardiothoracic Surgeon Mark Anderson, MD, discusses how cardiac surgery may help move the data closer to ≥80% survival-to-discharge quality measure in the National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative (NCSI) Study.
Impressive Survival and Heart Recovery Rates with Impella 5.5 with SmartAssist
Cardiac Surgeon Danny Ramzy, MD, reports the first U.S. experience with Impella 5.5 with SmartAssist.
Discussion of Impella versus ECMO: The Right Choice for Patients
Michael Tong, MD, MBA, FRCSC, Edward Soltesz, MD, MPH, and Shinya Unai, MD, discuss considerations for when ECMO or Impella is the right choice for their patients.