Right Heart Failure
Impella RP is the most studied right-sided device and the only percutaneous technology with FDA approval designating it as safe and effective for right-heart support. Its exclusive FDA approval is a result of more than eight years of clinical studies.
RECOVER RIGHT: Impella RP Safety & Efficacy
73% overall survival-to-discharge at 30 days1
All patients discharged were alive at 180 days1
Sustained hemodynamic improvement after Impella RP® support1
- Increase in cardiac index (CI)
- Decrease in central venous pressure (CVP)
- Fewer benchmark adverse events at 30 days1 compared to other RVAD studies
- Death, bleeding, hemolysis
- Neurologic dysfunction and limb ischemia
National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative (NCSI) Study Findings Regarding Right Ventricular Dysfunction
Babar Basir, DO, discusses findings on right heart dysfunction from the NCSI Study.
- Anderson MB, et al. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2015; 34(12):1549-1560