Protected PCI Patient Selection Tool
Is Your Patient Appropriate for Protected PCI?
Use the following form to determine if a patient may be appropriate to receive a Protected PCI procedure. The criteria for selection is based on U.S. FDA safety and efficacy labeling, randomized control trials, society guidelines and consensus documents made available following the completion of the form.
Are any of the following conditions present in the patient?
Are any of the following surgical risks associated with the patient?
Are any of the following contraindications present in the patient?
This information is provided for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please follow the protocols established by your center. If you have any questions, please contact Abiomed’s Clinical Support Center at 1-800-422-8666.
Guideline-supported use from 2014 AHA/ACC & 2015 SCAI/ACC/HFSA/STS consensus on high-risk PCI 9,10
PROTECT II randomized controlled trial demonstrated reduced MACCE and improved LVEF 1,11
First of its kind and only PMA Approval for a hemodynamic support device in the HRPCI setting
Use in appropriate patients reimbursed by dedicated codes by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and all major health providers 12
Cost-effectiveness in HRPCI based on reduced: cost, length of stay, and readmissions 13,14
The Advisory Board (Optum), Cardiovascular Roundtable, publications on best practices
- O’Neill, W.W., et al., (2012). Circulation, 126(14), 1717-1727.
- Kovacic, J.C., et al. (2015). J Interv Cardiol, 28(1), 32-40.
- Cohen, M.G., et al. (2014). Catheter Cardiovasc Interv, 83(7), 1057-1064.
- Tsai, T.T., et al. (2017). JACC Cardiovasc Interv, 10(9), 866-875.
- Patel, M.R., et al. (2012). J Am Coll Cardiol, 59(9), 857-881.
- Alasnag, M.A., et al. (2011). Cardiovasc Revasc Med, 12(5), 299-303.
- Sjauw, K.D., et al. (2009). J Am Coll Cardiol, 54(25), 2430-2434.
- Levine, G.N., et al. (2011). J Am Coll Cardiol, 58(24), e44-122.
- Amsterdam, E.A., et al. (2014). Circulation, 130(25), e344-e426.
- Rihal, C.S., et al. (2015). J Am Coll Cardiol, 65(19), e7-e26.
- Dangas, G.D., et al. (2014). Am J Cardiol, 113(2), 222-228.
- American Hospital Association (AHA) & Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) 2016 Hospital Coding Guidance.
- Gregory, D., et al. (2013). Am Health Drug Benefits, 6(2), 88-99.
- Maini, B., et al. (2012). Catheter Cardiovasc Interv, 80(5), 717-725.