Key Findings from the National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative Study 1,2,3
- Identify and support cardiogenic shock early
- Aggressive down titration inotropes
- Identify inadequate left ventricular (LV) support and escalate, if CPO <0.6
- Identify right ventricular (RV) dysfunction early and support
- Systematically use right heart catheter (RHC) to guide therapy
Impella® Clinical Evidence Pathway to Class I Recommendation
Impella clinical evidence has established safety and effectiveness and validated best practices.
Ongoing and Upcoming Clinical Trials
RECOVER IV Randomized Controlled Trial
Upcoming trial to assess whether Impella pre-PCI is superior to PCI without Impella in patients with AMI cardiogenic shock.
Ongoing trial seeking to improve mortality in patients with AMI cardiogenic shock using the NCSI algorithm.
- Tehrani, et al. (2019). JACC, 73, 1659-1669.
- Basir, M.B., et al. (2019). Catheter Cardiovasc Interv, 93(7), 1173-1183.
- O’Neill, W.W., (2020). TCT Connect 2020