A-CURE Research Fellowship
The A-CURE (Acute Cardiac Unloading and Recovery) Working Group aims to advance the science and mechanistic understanding of cardiac unloading and support the translation of research into therapies aimed at heart muscle recovery.
This one-year fellowship award is intended to attract early career investigators to the field of mechanical cardiac unloading and support pre-clinical research into the use of Impella for cardiac unloading and recovery. The successful applicant will receive salary support to execute research in the laboratory of an A-CURE Faculty member. If you have any general questions regarding application process, please contact Jerry Curran at email@example.com.
- Up to one-year scholarship for the academic year.
- Abiomed will provide up to $100,000 total, which includes salary and fringe, travel to meetings, and relocation.
- Research project to align with the goals of the A-CURE Working Group.
- Funding will be paid to the host institution.
- Research will be conducted under protected time.
- Submission deadline of June 30th, 2021.
- Applicant must hold an MD or PhD or be currently enrolled in a MD/Ph.D. granting program.
- Applicant must be within 8 years of terminal degree.
- Research program must be basic science or pre-clinical and must be clearly defined in the space of Impella-mediated unloading.
- Research must be conducted in the laboratory of an A-CURE faculty member.
- Priority will be given to applicants who are not currently conducting research within the lab proposed in their application.
- Award recipient must attend 2020/2021 A-CURE Symposia.
- Prior to submission, the applicant should contact the A-CURE Faculty member of interest directly to discuss either (a) supporting current research efforts in the research lab, or (b) proposing a new project to be conducted in the lab.
- A full application should be submitted online and must include the following: Curriculum Vitae (limit 6 pages, minimum 11 pt font); Statement of Purpose (limit 300 words): How will this research contribute to the science of mechanical unloading?; How will the fellow benefit from and apply this research after completion of the award?
- Research Proposal (limit 4 pages excluding references, minimum 11 pt Arial font and 0.5” margins) consisting of the following sections: Background; Specific Experimental Aims; Scientific/clinical significance; Anticipated or expected outcome(s), include preliminary data here; Expected Facilities and Administration costs associated with fellowship (overhead).
- Faculty Sponsor Letter of Support (limit 1 page) from supporting A-CURE Faculty member, indicating acceptance of applicant and the level of funding available to conduct the proposed research.
- All attachments should be uploaded as PDF documents.
- Application packages will be submitted to Abiomed for consideration, and all applications will be judged by a panel composed of A-CURE Faculty.